We live in a world of constantly changing technology. Today it’s effortless and convenient to clean carpets using the latest equipment. However, when carpets are stained or heavily soiled, you should consider hiring professionals cleaners.
Professional carpet cleaners know how to treat those marks efficiently and quickly. It can make the home clean, eliminate any potential dirt, allergens and pollutants that may be present in the carpet and reduce the visibility of spots and stains.
As a result, professional carpet cleaning comes out cheaper than replacing the carpet.
How often should the carpets be cleaned?
As per experts, to improve the lifespan of the carpet homeowners should get their carpets cleaned at least once a year. This can vary if you have children or pets in the home.
Carpet Manufacturers recommend cleaning carpets regularly for longer life and better appearance.
Here are some tips for homeowners to maximize the dollar value while selecting a professional carpet cleaning company.
Experience & Training
Firstly, professional carpet cleaning personnel should be well-trained and experienced. Experienced and skilled cleaners know the nitty-gritty of carpet cleaning. They also have appropriate equipment needed to remove the dirt and stains from the carpet.
While looking for a professional cleaning company, check when their business was established. You can also check social media and search engines for customer reviews. One or two bad reviews does not make a difference. It doesn’t mean that you should not use that company, but many poor reviews may prove to be a sore point.
Price and Insurance
Some companies post reasonable rates, but in the end, i.e. after the completion of the procedure, the figures change. Additional charges like transport and use of excluded products adds to the total cost. Always check for the fine print, to avoid surprising fees when you get the bill.
Insurance cost is another factor to consider in the total cost. Be sure to get proof of insurance before any carpet cleaning business begins working in your home. Personal liability and property damage insurance is a must. So, you must confirm that the carpet cleaner is fully insured.
Carpet Cleaning Method
IICRC’s cleaning certification defines five main steps of carpet cleaning as:
- Firstly, vacuuming thoroughly helps to remove dust from the carpet from the top layer
- Secondly, apply the appropriate cleaning agent to loosen dust from carpet fibres. This step is called pre-spraying
- Then, rinse the carpets thoroughly using hot water extraction method. You can also call it Carpet Steam Cleaning. An excellent, pressurised spray of warm water is applied to the carpet and immediately sucked out along with the dirt
- Reset the Carpet pile. It helps eliminate matting of carpet and distribute cleaning agents. It also restores the carpet to fullest height, giving it a new look of lustre and fluffiness
- The last step is to dry the carpets. It usually takes around 8-12 hours for carpets to dry at room temperature. Some professional carpet cleaners use air movers to dry carpets faster
To conclude, if you keep the above tips in mind, you can’t go wrong with hiring a good carpet cleaner.